Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sunday Spiritual


This kid got an A+ for this paper
BY A 15 yr. OLD SCHOOL KID
who got an A+ for this entry
(TOTALLY AWESOME)! 
Since the Pledge of Allegiance 
And 
The Lord's Prayer 
Are not allowed in most 
Public schools anymore 
Because the word 'God' is mentioned..... 
A kid in Arizona wrote the attached 
NEW School prayer: 

 
"New Pledge of Allegiance"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I sit me down in school 
Where praying is against the rule 
For this great nation under God 
Finds mention of Him very odd. 
 
If scripture now the class recites, 
It violates the Bill of Rights. 
And anytime my head I bow 
Becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green, 
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.. 
The law is specific, the law is precise. 
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice. 
 
For praying in a public hall 
Might offend someone with no faith at all.. 
In silence alone we must meditate, 
God's name is prohibited by the state. 
 
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks, 
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks... 
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible. 
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen, 
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King. 
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong, 
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.. 
 
We can get our condoms and birth controls, 
Study witchcraft, vampires and wierd things
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed, 
No word of God must reach this crowd. 
 

It's scary here I must confess, 
When chaos reigns the school's a mess. 
So, Lord, this silent plea I make: 
Should I be shot; My soul please take! 
Amen

7 comments:

MYSAVIOR said...

Oh my, this is so true and appropriate for me this week. Last Saturday night one of our senior boys, age 17, Eric Torres, was killed in a car accident. He died on the spot and I have been wondering if he had the opportunity to get to know our Lord. If he did, he did not learn it in school. My heart aches for Eric and his family. May the Lord hold them in His arms.

♥♥♥
Sue

Jodi Ulschmid said...

Good for the boy that stood up for his beliefs and wrote this. So true and yet sad what this world is coming to.
Hope you are having a great weekend!

AMKreations said...

It really is sad the condition schools are in. That was a great piece and deserved an A+!

Christie Cottage said...

I went back through about 2 days of posts and commented on the blog I follow.

Time to get ready for church. The computer is going off until this evening. I will have to list some things on ebay.

I have the bulletins and the music for church today.

<><

Soapgarden said...

I love your blog. Your sense of humor tickles me!
Keep up the great work. I look forward to it.
Peace,
Denise

Karen Mortensen said...

Wow. What else can I say? This kid is awesome.

watercolors said...

What a bold, awesome young person. If we could take a stand like that. This 15 year old's parents sure taught him/she right.

Great post, Roxanne

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Featuring 2 items from 2 shops.

Wednesday Where you'll find us Wednesday

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.