Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Spiritual

Take time to pray
 and here is my favorite passage from the Bible











The Psalms
23

The LORD Is My Shepherd
A Psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
        
he leadeth me beside the still waters. Rev. 7.17
3 He restoreth my soul:
        
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
        
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
        
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
        
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.









        



9 comments:

Anita said...

So beautiful...when I originally saw 'Take time to Pray' an old song popped into my head...'Take time to be holy...speak oft with thy Lord'....

We prayed through the Lord's prayer this summer...breaking it apart as we went....and yes, it's something I need to do daily...thanks for an encouraging post today Jacki...God bless you!

Christie Cottage said...

I remember that song Anita! Love it. I love the old, traditional songs.

Have a blessed day!

<><

sweetybird09 said...

We have a lady in church who sings the Lords prayer, and wow can she sing it, verse by verse it makes you get chills, and you feel the Holy Spirit right there with you.

Have a blessed Sunday Jacki!

MYSAVIOR said...

I love both.

When I was in high school and Bible reading was part of the homeroom process along with the Pledge of Allegiance (Under God) - I would read the 23rd Psalm and since I was the only volunteer almost every day - I read it almost every day.

♥♥♥
Sue

Christie Cottage said...

I love hearing a good voice Joyce

I used to bow my head in prayer and then we ledges allegiance to One Nation Under GOD too SUE

If I were king of the world, we still would!

<><

Deb said...

The Lord's Prayer was sang at our daughter's wedding...beautiful. HOPE you've had a great SONday, sweet friend!!!

Holly said...

Psalms and Proverbs are two of my favorites. Have a lovely weekend! ♥

our home to yours said...

It is so important to pray. That's the heartbeat of our relationship with Him.
Debbi
-ourhometoyours

Linda B said...

I love the 23rd Psalm.

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Featuring 2 items from 2 shops.

Wednesday I did away with the Giveaways. Too much work!

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.