Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Spiritual - When a Sparrow Falls


WHEN A SPARROW FALLS
Here a female mate is injured and the condition is soon fatal. She was hit by a car as she swooped low across the road
 Here he brought her food and attended to her with love and compassion.
He brought her food again, but was shocked to find her dead.

He tried to move her ... a rarely-seen effort for swallows!
Aware that his sweetheart is dead and will never

 come back to him again, he cries with adoring love.
He stood beside her, saddened of her death. 

Finally, aware she would never return to him, he stayed beside her body chirping out his sadness and sorrow.
The photographer sold these pictures for a nominal fee to the most

 famous newspaper in France . All copies of that edition were

 sold out on the day these pictures were published.



And many people think animals don't have brains or feelings?

 You have just witnessed love and sorrow felt by God's creatures.

 The Bible says God knows when a sparrow falls. How much more He cares for us.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply and speak kindly.

Grace is God reaching down.

Faith is man reaching back.
 




~~~
Thanks Gayle for this email.
Let my heart be broken by the things that break God's Heart.
"Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light." 
Paul 1:1

13 comments:

Shirley said...

This is a beautiful post!

Tonya McDonel- TotallyToTheT said...

Touching, lovely post. Thanks for sharing this!

First Light Glass said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Binara said...

Oh, this is soooo sweet and sad, I have tears in the corners of my eyes, thank you so much for posting!!!!

Karen Mortensen said...

I love that story. Thank you so much.

just B you said...

GREAT post! Love it! =)
~Kim

Holly said...

My husband and I have discussed the fact that any living creature who feels love must have a soul, so we don't really buy into the idea that animals don't feel anything. All you have to do is observe and you'll see that's not the case. What a sweet, yet heartbreaking set of photos!

watercolors said...

I love this photo story.
Seen it before, but still touches me.

sweetybird09 said...

That was so beautiful, thanks for this Jacki

Sher said...

I've seen the sparrow thing before. So touching and sad.

luvncrafts said...

Beautiful post!

A Blessed Home said...

Just found you through another website that had won the award for outstanding Christian Blog and thought I would check it out. Your blog is very good and I have enjoyed reading some of the posts especially this one. I was caught off guard and started crying when I read about the Swallows. I would like for you to consider my blog for your Chrisitan Blog Award. I hope you are blessed.

http://www.ablessedhomeblog.blogspot.com/

Thank you,

Stephanie

kathy pomicter said...

I do feel God cares about all animals not just sparrows. As Christian we cause animals to suffer if we eat them. Did you know that cows on factory farms are put in rape racks and raped. Why so they will give milk for humans to eat and drink dairy. The milk is meant for their babies. Just after birth the mother cow has her baby ripped away from her never to see her again. She and the baby cow bellows and cries for months for each other. Why does the dairy industry take the babies away? It is because the baby will drink her milk, and the dairy industry wants to make money off of her. After this, the cow is raped again, and the vicious cycle is repeated. Please consider not eating animal products, as we are all responsible for the pain and hurt we cause others, including animals. God to adaptt or animals deserve absolute protection today and tomorrow, or goggle gary yourofsky and watch the best speech you will ever hear.

Visit me on Etsy!

Check out directly from here. Fast. Secure. Simple.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

ChristieCottage's ArtFire Shop

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.

When I started blogging I didn't know what I would blog about each day.

Once I set myself a schedule, it has become easy!

Mostly Business - Monday Business, promoting, tools, goals and achievements.

Two for Tuesday Featuring 2 items from 2 shops.

Win It - Wednesday A new giveaway begins Wednesday and a winner is chosen.

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Not always a post on Saturday's.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.