Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Thursday...
It's Chilly here and wouldn't heat be nice!?!


It is supposed to warm up. Yay!

I am not a winter person!

Tomorrow is my grandson's Christmas program. 
I love visiting him at school and seeing him perform. 

Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged. Proverbs 17:6

~~~~~~~~

The Christmas tree will come out tomorrow afternoon. My grandson will delight in helping with that.
There are a few presents for him that can be put under the tree. 
He will smile when he sees them too!
He is my heart and my best friend.
~~~~~~~

Do you give Christmas ornaments as gifts?

They make great keepsakes

I have marked all mine down to half price




You can check them out HERE

~~~~~~~~~

I have been doing some serious cleaning out. Have you ever noticed that you make a big mess when you are really cleaning? My shredder has been hard at it and I actually threw away some of my husband's things. January 11th he will have been dead for 12 years. I am a sentimental person and I just couldn't get rid of them. I was sad when I threw them away because it was just another realization that he was never coming home. People don't realize that just because someone dies, it doesn't mean you stop loving them.

Christmas is a hard time of the year for so many. Depression grabs a hold of them.All the stress of gift buying. It's funny because people may struggle all year long and then come December they have to double what they normally spend to buy those "gifts". 

Christmas is not about gifts. 
It's about the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

Knowing that God gave His only son to die for my sins is overwhelming!

So as you look at your pretty lights on your Christmas Tree, think of the Star leading to Christ's manger

Wishing you a day of peace

3 comments:

Angie Ouellette-Tower said...

Thank you for that wonderful reminder that "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" & I will be praying for you & your loss.
Merry CHRISTmas!
Angie
godsgrowinggarden.com

Karen Mortensen said...

Well said. Merry Christmas.

watercolors said...

Touching post today.

Visit me on Etsy!

Check out directly from here. Fast. Secure. Simple.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

ChristieCottage's ArtFire Shop

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.

When I started blogging I didn't know what I would blog about each day.

Once I set myself a schedule, it has become easy!

Mostly Business - Monday Business, promoting, tools, goals and achievements.

Two for Tuesday Featuring 2 items from 2 shops.

Win It - Wednesday A new giveaway begins Wednesday and a winner is chosen.

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Not always a post on Saturday's.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.