Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

It's Thursday... 
What is on my mind?

One week ago today my elderly friend from church was robbed. An 83 year old woman who had worked her entire life and just retired this year.

A "company" that patched roofs did some work. She paid them with cash. They came back and convinced her that one of them needed to get into her house to make sure everything was OK. The scumbag that entered the house locked her out while his scumbag partner had her outside. They stole her savings. A huge sum of money that she had in her home. Her retirement money.

It just makes me ill to think of it. I thank God that she was not physically harmed. 

We all need to watch out for the elderly so they won't fall prey to scammers, thieves or scumbags who would rather steal from the elderly than to earn a living like the rest of us.

We need to stand vigil over the elderly. Pray for their safety and proctection.

 Well, that's it... my Thursday thoughts.

 


1 comment:

Vicki said...

That sickens me beyond words. How do people live with themselves? Such a sad situation and, of course, no recourse if it was cash.

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Featuring 2 items from 2 shops.

Wednesday I did away with the Giveaways. Too much work!

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.