Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Wednesday-Waving Goodbye to Treasuries

Waving Goodbye to Treasuries

Thank you to

for all the treasuries!

I am not surprised that treasuries are going away today, October 5, 2016. Artfire did away with their version a while back. People who are included don't even stop by to comment. And I don't think they led to sale sunless they were promoted off-site.

That is my take on them anyway.

Here is the last treasury...

Treasured Favorites 2

Here are more treasured favorites from talented artists and artisans on Etsy! I so wish Etsy would reconsider taking treasuries away from us - I will miss them. Thanks, and happy sales to all!
Pikaki Flower Tie Dye Handmade Shea Butter & Glycerine Soap – Colorful Exotic Moisturizing Hand Soap or Shower Bar in Purple and Pink
$4.99
Lotus Earrings Blue Lampwork Crystals Sterling Silver Meaningful Inspirational Handmade Jewelry Carved Bone Beads Bohemian Elegance
$24.00
ON SALE Morning Glory Goddess Original Watercolor Painting on 9x12 Watercolor Paper by Jeanne Fry
$30.00
Sea Glass Necklace … feeling bluesy
$35.00
Dumortierite Necklace | Dark Blue Gemstone Necklace | Copper Blue Necklace | Copper Gemstone Necklace | Solana Kai Designs | Portland Oregon
$54.95
Dragonfly Art Quilt, Outdoor Landscape Quilt, Wall Hanging Quilt, River Scene Quilt, Three Dimensional, Home Decor, 24 x 29
$200.00
Silver And Genuine Turquoise Wire Wrapped Earrings
$44.00
Royal Blue Lace Poncho, Caftan, Tunic, Beach Cover Up, Infinity Scarf
$40.00
Quilted Table Runner, Primary colors, Handmade Runner, Handmade Linens, Patchwork Quilt, Quilted Runner
$33.00
Daisy Applique, Handmade 002, Turquoise, Black
$5.00
Necklaces for Women, Unique Necklaces, Ready to Ship, Silver Necklace, Popular Necklaces, Statement Necklace, Bold Necklace, Chunky Necklace
$18.00
Goddess Art - Mary Magdalene, Priestess of Christ
$25.00
Pillowcase, Sailboat Pillow Case, Lake House Bedding, Personalize, Beach Bedding, Beach Pillow Case, Cotton Pillow Case, Nautical Bedroom
$15.95
Fish, Painting of Orange Tropical Clown Fish, 8x10 Matted, Ready to Frame
$35.00
Southwest Colors Earrings, Gemstone Beaded Earrings, Real Turquoise Earrings, Orange and Turquoise Jewelry, Sterling Silver Wire
$28.00
Handmade Soap, Blueberry fragrance, Cold Process Soap, Handcrafted Artisan Soap, Silk Soap, Blue Clay, Blueberry Seeds, Luxury Bath Bar
$7.00



A tweet for the treasury:

Treasured Favorites 2 by Mary http://etsy.me/2dCEhwY via @christiecottage @prettygonzo @DonnasDesignsSC @SolanaKai @saracom @GOJewelry

  ..........

You are invited to join us on The Twitter Tree©
The Twitter Tree© will be hosted by a different shop each business day.



Monday: 
 
Wednesday:  
 
Friday:
 
 
................... 

Today I am promoting these

Skull Earrings Dangles with Beads Pierced Day of the Dead

 Skull Earrings Dangles with Beads Pierced #DayOfTheDead http://christiecottage.indiemade.com/product/skull-earrings-dangles-beads-pierced-day-dead via @indiemade @ChristieCOttage #EJWTT


 

9 comments:

Peggi Hacker said...

Thank you for sharing the treasuries! I shared and then promoted the earrings by ChristieCottage!

DonnasDesignsSC said...

Ditto what Peggi said :) Thanks for sharing the treasuries and I am promoting as well!

Jen Whitted said...

Thank you for sharing my UniquelyJenCreation fiber art piece in this last treasury! It is a beautiful collection and I am sad to see the end of treasuries on Etsy.

SolanaKaiDesigns said...

I think Etsy killed Treasuries when they removed them from the front page. Let's hope they have something new up their sleeves besides paying for Google ads! Thank you for promoting these treasuries as well and I think ending with one from Mary of Pretty Gonzo is a nice way to do it. She always made gorgeous treasuries and this one is no exception!

PrettyGonzo said...

Aw, how sweet! Thanks for promoting this, Jacki - you've always been so generous sharing collections at your blog - and thanks for the kind comments, everybody.

I so enjoyed making treasuries, and I liked sharing beautiful creations from artisans who were either my friends to begin with or who became my friends through the treasuries. Many sellers I included in them did indeed promote, and that made doing a collection feel very worthwhile. It was also great fun to be included in someone else's treasury too. I'll really miss them.

Thanks again! xoxo

ShadowDogDesigns said...

Beautiful collection, Mary! When ArtFire did away with collections there, it felt like some of the wind had been let out of the sails. I miss them and used to blog about them quite a bit. It's sad to see that Etsy is doing the same thing . . .

Pamela Hollis said...

Thanks for sharing - our community of artists really sent Treasuries out with a bang. Some of the latest - like this one - were fabulous. I will miss them also. They helped in many ways to keep in touch with my handcrafting friends. Cheers! and thanks for sharing my earrings.

Ewenique said...

Thanks for including my handmade soap in your last treasury! I always appreciate the promotion this group of ladies has done over these past years. So many changes. It's sad in many ways to see the loss of community that had been enjoyed.

Debbie

Julie L. Cleveland said...

Thank you, Jacki! Sorry, late as usual :) But, I have promoted and shared. I will miss them as well.

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Featuring 2 items from 2 shops.

Wednesday I did away with the Giveaways. Too much work!

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.