Thursday, December 15, 2016

Thursday Thoughts 12/15/16

Thursday...

I have been absent from blog posting lately due to computer issues and time restraints.

Thought I should post an update.

I have finished all the sewing on Christmas gifts. Quilted table toppers that double as hot pads. I used the remnants of the quilt batting to make doll quilts for two little girls as random gifts.

I even finished my Thanksgiving table topper (yes I know, late!) I had two dark brown felt oak leaves from Ms. Dorothy's stash. First let me tell you who Ms. Dorothy is.

Ms. Dorothy was a retired school teacher. She must have been quite the crafting sort. W hen her daughter was putting her into a nursing home at the age of 93, the daughter was gong to throw away all the fabric, trim, buttons, handmade patterns, started projects, etc. They called Ms. Dorothy's neighbor and she called me. Ms. Dorothy would give it all to me if I promised t use it all. So for well pover 10 years, I have been working my way through the "supplies". Much was given to others people who craft or sew.

Back to the brown felt oak leaves, I decided to make a Thanksgiving table topper. I bought a new Thanksgiving tablecloth that had brown leaves. I traced the leaves and made more from other felt scraps and then reduced then for three sizes of leaves. 

Here is the layout before all appliques were hand stitched on and then the quilted piece, now folded and put away for next Thanksgiving.





A simple topper that I will enjoy for many years to come and no more potholders in the table!

.............

Check out the shops on my sidebar. Lots of great items. Many of them are offering Free Shipping!

.............. 

Check out this blog featuring last minute Christmas gifts too!
http://shadowdogdesigns.indiemade.com/blog/christmas-almost-here-wonderful-handmade-wednesday-indiemade

............. 
I wish you all a good day!

1 comment:

ShadowDogDesigns said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving table topper, Jacki! Think I would use it now and not wait (: Hopefully your computer issues are now a thing of the past. Many thanks for adding the blog link to you post!

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Featuring 2 items from 2 shops.

Wednesday I did away with the Giveaways. Too much work!

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.