Tuesday, May 16, 2017

What I've been up to

Wednesday
What I've been up to!

First let me show you what happened Wednesday night. 60MPH winds after all the rains and this happened:


It's hard to tell, but a tree took out the fence and just cleared the swing set, kind of. Another bigger tree fell at the corner of the fence.




Got my railroad ties laid out for a raised garden next to the old ones. I grew pumpkins from that tire one year. We just had to watch for snakes as it was moved.


We were talking about the bear that lives in my back woods and my son said "I have a picture from my game camera." Under the feeder stand. Here it is:





And these cards which are a gift were made from the inside of a roll of wrapping paper and felt and fabric scraps:


Ama's baseball team won their tournament!
 




Congratulations River Rats!

5 comments:

Roxanne watercolorsnmore said...

WOW --- lots of activity going your way.

Congrats River Rats on the win. Proud Grandma!

That bear is TOOOOOO close for comfort. Be safe.

ShadowDogDesigns said...

You have been very busy! Congrats to Ama and his team for their victory! When we lived in Virginia, bears used to come up to the house all the time, mainly to the bird feeders. I'd throw rocks at them to shoo them away (:

Julie L. Cleveland said...

Jeepers! First of all - congrats on the ballgame win! Second, that's a pretty good sized bear ya got there. :) Third! Glad it was just the fence that the tree fell on. You've been busy! Stay safe, I hear there are more storms headed your way.

Cathy Morgan said...

Wow, what a stressful week you have had. Congratulations on the win River Rats!
We have a bear here. I have not seen it but I have heard and smelled it. I also had a bird feeder and when I went out to fill it I thought something looked "wrong". When I finally got to it the rod that was holding the feeder was bent. We assumed it was the bear.
Do you like your railroad tie beds? I have thought about trying a couple.

Christie Cottage said...

I have heard the bear growling. He was probably close to me. Woods on three sides here. My neighbor thru the hollar has heard it too! Other neighbors thru the woods have seen it and told me it l9oves at my house LOL


The tree is a mess. That fence rail is the second one. Wet ground and 60MPH winds usually means a tree falls.


I have not used the railroad ties before. I liked my other raised beds. The middle rail is so I can walk down the middle and also only have half as much to fill with potting mix to start off. That tire worked great for the pumpkins too!

<><

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Featuring 2 items from 2 shops.

Wednesday Where you'll find us Wednesday

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.