Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A loss

In memory of Carla Dick.

 

55 years old. 

I saw her last week.  Her health was deteriorating. I told her I would see her this week. She replied " If I'm not dead by then." I didn't know how to respond. I turned around to say something else to her and she was gone. The 10th, she was really gone.

Here's the link to her full obituary
http://www.hartfuneralhome.net/services.asp?page=odetail&id=81486&locid=77

We spent many evenings and nights sitting next to each other in lawn chairs at the baseball fields. Our husbands were cousins. Both of our husbands have been gone for a long while now. They coached the boys team.

Life is truly fleeting. We really never know when our words will be the last exchange we share. Be kind to people. 

Three other death notices came in my email yesterday. One was for another 55 year old woman.

Life is short. 

Prayers for Carla's family as they suffer her loss. I know that this was expected, but that does not ease the burden of loss.



3 comments:

watercolorsNmore said...

Sending sympathy.

ShadowDogDesigns said...

I am so, so sorry, Jacki. Prayers to her family and to you.

Christie Cottage said...

Thanks

She was 59.
<><

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Tuesday Tag.

Wednesday Where you'll find us Wednesday

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.