Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Spiritual







PRAYER REQUEST
I have a prayer request. There's a lady I've known forever. She's very sick.  On top of that, she's being abused by those she has given everything to.  Lies about her abound, and seem to come from all sides. Just breaks my heart. Seems there's nothing I can do alone. But maybe, if we join in and lift her up together we can heal her. She's well over 200 years old, but way too young to die. Her name is America ... and I love her.  And please keep in mind that when you say the pledge and put your hand over your heart or wear a flag pin on your lapel that you are showing pride in your country and not "Taking Sides" - - what would this world look like if all those who lie at rest, under all the crosses across the world, had refused to "Take Sides".



```
Our stained glass window for our new church building.
 This blurry picture is the back view of our stained glass window the way it should appear. 


This is how the window looks with white board behind it, because it was not installed correctly
The colors lost a lot without light shining through them.


I am just glad the window is installed!


Have a wonderful Sunday!



12 comments:

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Christie, I hope your friend will be ok. Lucky for her she has you to lean on in hard times.

Love your church's window, so beutiful. Have a creative and happy day.

Ruth

ruthhill74 said...

Christie,

This was really a neat post. Indeed it is true about America. I am extremely concerned about the future of America as well. I am patriotic to the core--only just behind my identity as a Christian. And it bugs me when people do not care about America and do not show her proper respect.

Karen Mortensen said...

Wow. A lot to think about today. Thanks for posting this.

Bridget said...

Thanks Christie, a very appropriate prayer request, I hope everyone says a Payer today for our beautiful America.

First Light Glass said...

Your post reminded me of America the Beautiful:

America! America!
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea.

sweetybird09 said...

Jacki,
That was good of you to remind us about praying for our country...God Bless America

That window is pretty no matter what.

have a great Sunday, rest if you can.

Catherine said...

Wonderful post, Jacki! Lots to think about and pray about. I bet everyone is excited about the new window!

basketsbyrose said...

America is on my prayer list. Everyone needs to keep her in their prayers and lift her up. I'm reposting the prayer requestion on my blog also!

Red Rose said...

That was so touching. I pray for her everyday so that she is saved from the savages trying to destroy her.

Deb said...

Love your prayer request...yes, our country really does need our prayers!
2 Chronicles 7:14 - If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Terri's Little Haven said...

God Bless the USA! I love stained glass windows, our church don't have any.

MYSAVIOR said...

God Bless America!

The window is beautiful inside and out.

♥♥♥
Sue

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Featuring 2 items from 2 shops.

Wednesday Where you'll find us Wednesday

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.