Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Spiritual - "Ain't"



He was just a little boy,
On a week's first day.
Wandering home from Bible school,
And dawdling on the way.

He scuffed his shoes into the grass; even found a caterpillar.
He found a fluffy milk weed pod,
And blew out all the 'filler.'

A bird's nest in a tree overhead,
So wisely placed up so high.
Was just another wonder,
That caught his eager eye.

A neighbor watched his zigzag course,
And hailed him from the lawn;
Asked him where he'd been that day and what was going on.

'I've been to Bible School,' he said
And turned a piece of sod.
He picked up a wiggly worm
Replying, 'I've learned alot about God.'

'M'm, very fine way,' the neighbor Said, 'for a boy to spend his time.'
'If you'll tell me where God is,
I'll give you a brand new dime.'

Quick as a flash the answer came!
Nor were his accents faint.
'I'll give you a dollar, Mister,
If you can tell me where God ain't.'






















.

Jesus
Read at least the first two lines....Never thought of it!
Jesus died over 2000 years ago.
Nobody has ever referred to HIM as the late Jesus,
Not even the heathens.
Nowhere in history.
Nowhere has HE ever been referred to in the past tense
HE 'is' the Living God!



4 comments:

watercolors said...

Great features.

Have a blessed day.

Deborah Spencer said...

Jacki you always choose the best stories to learn by have a blessed day
Debbie

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

What a wonderful little story with a huge impact! All I ever have to do is look at the sun rise or set to know God is with me.

Ruth Hill said...

I loved both of these-especially the first one!!

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Featuring 2 items from 2 shops.

Wednesday Where you'll find us Wednesday

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.