Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Fun A Smile

It's always great to start your day with a Smile!

Let's see if we can find yours this morning!


Old Age
 
  • Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice!!!
  • I don't have gray hair. I have "wisdom highlights". I'm just very wise.
  • I don't need anger management. I need people to stop bothering  me. 
  • My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
  • Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
  • I'm going to retire and live off of my savings. Not sure what I'll do that second week.
  • The kids text me "plz" which is shorter than please.  I text back "no" which is shorter than "yes" .  
  • Oops! Did I roll my eyes out loud?  
  • I don't trip over things, I do random gravity checks!  
  • The biggest lie I tell myself is ..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."  
  • If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would've put them on my knees.  
  • Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes; come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller!  
  • Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet!  
  • Old age is coming at a really bad time!  
  • Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!  

3 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

THE MEANING OF "FOR"? BY STEVE FINNELL

Is the meaning of the preposition "for" difficult to understand? No, it is not. The preposition "for" is always forward looking. The purpose, action, and results of "for" always follow, they never look back.

Example: Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (NKJV)

They were told to repent and be baptized "for" the remission of sins and they would also receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

"For" does not mean repent because your sins have already been forgiven. Remission of sins follows repentance.

"For" does not mean be baptized because your sins have already been forgiven. Remission of sins follows baptism

"For" does not mean you have already received the gift of the Holy Spirit. The gift of the Holy Spirit follows repentance and baptism "for" the remission of sins.

If you take an aspirin "for" a headache it does not mean that you take an aspirin because your headache has already been cured. A cured headache follows taking the aspirin "for" a headache.

If you are punished "for" a crime you committed, you are not punished before you committed the crime. Punished "for" follows the committed crime.

If you have heart surgery "for" a defective heart, your heart is not repaired before you have surgery. The heart repair follows surgery "for" a defective heart.

The meaning of "for" in Acts 2:38 is not a mystery. It means in order to receive remission of sins and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit you must repent and be immersed in water.

It takes a professional deceiver and a willing student to believe that "for" in Acts 2:38 actually means "because of".

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

Post

This
BlogThis!
Share to TwitterYY
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Links to this post

watercolors said...

Cute, smile for the day.
Tweeted.

ShadowDogDesigns said...

I need to remember some of these! Thanks, Jacki, for the chuckle for today.

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Featuring 2 items from 2 shops.

Wednesday Where you'll find us Wednesday

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.