The VFW post in Tahlequah, Oklahoma is in need of funds to replace their roof before their building gets condemned. Most of the Veterans there are from the Korean War. My Dad was in the Korean War.
- Veterans in Tahlequah say they're in desperate need of a new roof.
- The roof on the VFW and Disabled American Veterans building has been deteriorating over time, and officials say it'll cost them around $16,000 to fix it.
- Parts of the roof is caving in and shingles have blown off the top, so water is starting to seep through the ceiling.
- The veterans groups say they don't have enough money to make the repairs.
- They say their weekly bingo only brings in enough to pay for utilities each month.
- Those with questions or who want to help can call Bill Huber with the VFW- 918-525-2123 or Leon Halpain with the Disabled American Veterans at 918-458-1673
- You can also mail donations to VFW POST 3707, P.O. Box 1961, Tahlequah, OK 74465
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.