Saturday, January 11, 2020

Remembering my Husband

When someone dies, you don't stop loving them.

19 years ago on January 11, 2001, my husband died. Gunshot wound to the head by his own hand. Suicide. Something that haunts me every day of my life.

This year as the anniversary date got closer the feeling of somberness started looming. A friend died who used to work with him. Then on Thursday a coworker of his buried his 31 year old daughter.

Suicide is devastating. Those who are left behind wear the scars in their hearts and souls. Don't ask why. We don't know why. What we do know is that it hurts. It hurts more than you could ever imagine. 

Grieving is a lifelong process when you truly love someone.

I find the below pictures help explain it.





 .....


4 comments:

watercolorsNmore said...

My sympathy, dear friend.
I know loss of my dear Jim 3 1/2 years ago, but not the devastation of suicide.
Can't imagine that pain.

Prayers for you today and each day.

watercolorsNmore said...

I talk about Jim ALL the time. He is still in my heart and has been a huge part of my life - 42 years.

ShadowDogDesigns said...

You have my prayers, Jacki, to help you get through this time of pain.

CraftingMemories1 said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Jacki. You are in my prayers.

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Tuesday Tag.

Wednesday Where you'll find us Wednesday

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.