Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Thursday Thoughts

Thoughts...

We are under a Shelter at Home order. A curfew has been set. No one out between 10PM and 5AM. Thieves are working hard, breaking into cars, storage units, stealing from people's yards. It's sad.

The Day Center in Tahlequah is running out of supplies to feed the homeless. The Care Food Pantry is running low on food. There are a lot of poor people here.

The small independent stores were already struggling to stay open and this may cause many to close. I bought a gift over the phone from a small business. Not enough to keep them open, but a gesture.

I ordered paper bags for the lunches for the homeless center. This morning I am going to use a gift card for the homeless to buy more food for the sack lunches. It is not much, but there is such a need.

I am not even sure what food I will find at the store. When I was in the grocery store on Tuesday there was hardly any meat, cereal, no bread, no toilet paper, no paper towels, no wet wipes, no Lysol.

Our Shelter in Place is through the end of the month, for right not. I feel bad for those who get a monthly check on the 3rd. There will be nothing they need at the store.

I sewed handmade masks for 3 days and one bag went to the hospital, the second bag went to the sheriff's department and a couple to a neighbor. I baked wheat bread and shared with a neighbor. I traded eggs for toilet paper. 



It seems to me that we are being given an opportunity to realize what is and isn't important. People are cooking at home which is a wonderful thing! Spending time with their families. Time to catch up on things at home.  

I've had two friends die during this time. It's sad because there is no visitation at the funeral homes. No wakes for family and friends to grieve. Just a death notice and a burial.

What are you doing with your time at home? How are you helping in your community?

Pray for each other. Check on the elderly. If you find toilet paper and share, please do. 

Wishing you all well!

1 comment:

watercolorsNmore said...

Thanks for posting.
This is going on in every area and community.
As usual you are always helping others. Bless you.

We all do in whatever way we can in our neighborhoods and with friends.

STAY safe, my friend.

Visit me on Etsy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Craft Business, Selling Crafts, Handmade Crafts promoted here.


Mostly Business - Monday Twitter Tree©.

Two for Tuesday Tuesday Tag.

Wednesday Where you'll find us Wednesday

Thursday Thoughts Just random posts of whatever seems to be on my mind.

Friday Fun Generally a cartoon or a funny story, to make you SMILE

Saturday Shopping Spree.

Sunday Spiritual posts honoring God.